Ultralight hiking backpack with many custom options.
- size: 25-30 L, 30-35 L or 35-40 L (you can put up to extra 10 L in the exterior pockets)
- material: X-pac VX21, Ecopak EPX200, Ultra200, Ultra200X , Ultra200TX or Ultra400
- padded or frameless (not recommended for the biggest size) backpanel; padded option has removable 8 mm EVA foam padding and comes with a simple (laptop) sleeve
- no hipbelt, sewn in or removable webbing hipbelt
- Ultrastretch front elastic pocket to store wet gear, extra layers or things you want quick access to
- large side pockets, cinch top Ultragrid ones are more spacious, Ultrastretch elastic ones lay flat when empty
- simple or Y top compression strap
- simple rolltop or rolltop with side compression closure
- elastic cord or webbing & buckle side compression
- removable sternum strap
- daisy chains on shoulder straps + load lifters
- ice axe or trekking poles loops as well as front elastic cord
- front zippered quick access pocket with Aquaguard zipper and zipper garage
- internal zippered pocket (only for padded backpanel option)
- removable pockets on the shoulder straps
- no load lifters for frameless option
- weight starts at around 290 grams up to around 800 grams
25-30 L: 70(50)x26x14 cm
30-35 L: 80(55)x28x16 cm
35-40 L: 85(55)x28x18 cm
The pack has slightly conic shape, it's narrower at the base and wider on top for better load distribution and easier loading. Recommended max load around 8-12 kg; the max comfortable carry depends on you own comfort limit, what items you carry, the load distribution through the backpack etc.
Please reach out for any custom requests or other customization, for example metal stays, padded hipbelt etc. All requests have to be discussed before placing the order.
Ultralight hiking/backpacking with base weight around 5 kg and less: frameless 25-30 or 30-35 liters, 25 mm waistbelt, shoulder strap pockets, simple top strap. The lightest.
Ultralight backpacking with higher base weight: larger size with padded backpanel, wider waistbelt. Better comfort with heavier loadout at a cost of higher weight.
Winter adventures with skis, snowshoes, snow shovel etc.: padded hipbelt, metal stays for better weight distribution and load transfer to the hips, webbing side compression, side rolltop closure, ice axe loops, possible other attachment points. Not a lightweight backpack, but can comfortably carry 15kg and offers multiple attachment points.
Backpacking/hiking with occasional general minimalist travelling: padded backpanel, front zippered pocket.
This backpack is meant for ultralight hiking/backpacking or as a really minimalist travel pack. It’s not ideal as an EDC or travel backpack where you need more structure and organization.
* Made to order. Current lead time 6-8 weeks.