Small, lightweight and highly water resistant EDC backpack.
If you're looking for a streamlined and lightweight, highly water resistant EDC pack with a quick access to all your gear, don't look any further. It also works great for hikes or 1-2 night trips.
I never wanted to enter a panel loader game, because there are big players already when it comes to a simple, relatively ligthweight EDC packs. Plus the design is quite straightforward: front zippered pocket, two pockets on the front inside, maybe a laptop sleeve. But last winter I realized I want exactly that for my short hikes: a smaller pack that opens flat, has some smart organization but remains simple and lightweight.
This is a variant using recycled fabric. You can take a look at the standard X-Pac version here. Ecopak used here has similar look and feel as xpac, same performance but uses only recycled polyester fibers. Every yard saves over one pound of CO2 compared to X-Pac. The only visual difference is square grid instead of diamond grid and white backing with ripstop weave.
As all my other packs, this one easily stands on its own.
- clamshell design that opens flat
- simple & minimalist design with 1 quick access pocket outside, 2 zippered pockets inside, simple laptop sleeve and an integrated admin panel
- 4+8 mm EVA foam padded backpanel, 8 mm EVA foam padding in the shoulder straps + 3 mm 3D Coolmax spacer mesh
- lightly padded bottom with EVA foam
- laptop sleeve well suspended from the bottom
- front pocket runs 19 cm deep, so you can easily access whatever you put in, the items won't fall all the way down to the bottom of the pack
- good visibility interior with bright colors
- comfortable and easy to grab top handle
- daisy chain on shoulder straps
- YKK matte Aguaguard size 8 zippers outside, reverse size 5 inside
- aluminium shoulder straps buckles
- 2"x3" velcro panel (please add a note at the checkout if you want larger 4"x3" velcro panel or none)
Material: 400D black recycled Ecopak; 200D light grey, teal, red or blaze orange 200D interior
Size: approx 17-18 liters
Dimensions: 47x26x14 cm
Weight: only 650 grams
You can opt for various customization. Simply add those from the Backpack category. If you're looking for a customization that's not listed, please feel free to reach out.
- split pocket in the front quick access pocket allowing further organization
- elastic mesh side bottle pockets (main zipper going only around 1/2 down instead of being clamshell)
- front Dyneema mesh pocket for storing a rain jacket, wet stuff or other items you need a quick access to
- no velcro or larger 4x3 velcro