An updated version of a small, lightweight and highly water resistant EDC backpack.
If you're looking for a streamlined and lightweight, highly water resistant EDC pack with a quick access to all your gear, don't look any further. It also works great for hikes or 1-2 night trips.
- clamshell design that opens flat (panel loader with half zip as an option)
- simple & minimalist design
- optional side bottle pockets (either outside or inside) that work with the clamshell opening; bottles in the pockets outside will take up some space of the main compartment, pockets inside are gusseted, so the bottle doesn't bulge out that much
- front zippered pocket doesn't go all the way down and has a divider and a key clip (you can easily access whatever you put in, the items won't fall all the way down to the bottom of the pack)
- top zippered quick access pocket for your phone, wallet or keys; fits even large phones or a small pouch. It has some volume but doesn't sag too deep to be in the way of the laptop access
- slightly elastic laptop sleeve that fits up to 15" laptops (and will probably even fit newer MBP16")
- the laptop sleeve is well suspended from the bottom
- two Ultrastretch elastic pockets on top of the laptop sleeve
- one opaque and one mesh zippered pockets on the opposite side
- 8 mm EVA foam padded backpanel, 8 mm EVA foam padding in the shoulder straps + 3 mm 3D Coolmax spacer mesh
- lightly padded bottom with thinner EVA foam
- good visibility interior with bright colors
- comfortable and easy to grab top handle with smooth seatbelt webbing (the handle is more flush with the top of the pack than it is in some pictures; the green bag has the actual handle shape for reference)
- daisy chains on shoulder straps
- YKK matte Aguaguard size 8 zippers outside, reverse size 5 inside; there are paracord loops at the ends of the main zipper for easier handling around corners
- aluminium shoulder straps buckles
- optional velcro patch panel in various sizes 2"x3" velcro panel
- As all my other packs, this one easily stands on its own.
V2 changes (for those familiar with the original one):
- longer shoulder straps with slightly updated shape
- 8 mm foam padded backpanel instead of 8+4 mm, the padding is not removable
- slightly elastic laptop sleeve that fits larger laptops (15") with elastic pockets on top
- sturdier handle with silky smooth seatbelt webbing
- new geometry of the main zipper to accomodate both clamshell opening and bottle pockets (stays the same for pocket less option)
- optional external or internal bottle pockets
- top quick access pocket
- divider in the front zippered pocket with a key clip
- slightly taller top internal pocket (and shorter bottom mesh one)
- paracord loops at the end of the main zipper for easier closure
- slightly heavier (750 g instead of 650g) because of the extra pockets
- slightly changed shape
Material: Highly water resistant X-Pac, Ecopak or Ultra in various styles and colors (read more about fabrics here)
Size: approx 18 liters
Dimensions: 47x26x15 cm
Weight: around 750 grams (in EPX400 with bottle pockets)
No changes after placing the order are possible; fixing anything afterwards could lead to mess up .
Please note there is no further customization or special requests possible other than the options above, so I can make them more efficiently. I know a lot of you asked about a laptop side zippered access, but it doesn't make much sense to me on such a small backpack, it only adds unnecessary bulk and extra weight.